The Catapult Engineering Academy curriculum is designed to prepare students for the rigors of an undergraduate engineering program by mirroring the first two years in college. While the engineering courses are the focal point of the curriculum due to their uniqueness, a strong background in math and science is critical to being truly prepared to study engineering in college.
We Bring the Engineering Teacher to You.
Great courses are a function of two primary ingredients – curriculum and teaching. With Catapult, schools of all types – public, private and home – have access to a superior engineering curriculum and a master teacher. We bring both the content expert and the course material to you using Instructure’s browser-based Canvas Learning Management System, which can be accessed from any operating system as well as iOS and Android devices.
Catapult strongly recommends:
- Math: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II with Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus and Calculus, if at all possible.
- Science: Biology, Chemistry and Physics (2 years, calculus-based, if possible).
- We strongly encourage Advanced Placement courses when they are available and appropriate (based on the individual student’s readiness).
- Each course includes a significant amount of streamed multimedia content, so it is important that students have an Internet connection that is capable of streaming video content.
- PC: i5 or i7 processors recommended, at least 8 GB of RAM, Windows 7 or higher.
- Mac: i5 or i7 processors recommended, at least 8 GB of RAM, (a Windows environment is required to run SolidWorks).
- Some courses require engineering-specific software that is not included as part of the course registration.
- Download information for free software resources used within a course will be provided within the online course material.
Start & End Dates
The following start and end dates are available for two-semester courses for 2017-18.
- Option A
- 1st semester: August 21st – December 22nd
- 2nd semester: January 8th – May 18th
- Option B
- 1st semester: September 5th – January 19th
- 2nd semester: January 22nd – June 1st
The following start and end dates are available for one-semester courses for 2017-18.
- August 21st – December 22nd
- September 5th – January 19th
- October 2nd – February 16th
- October 30th – March 16th
- December 4th – April 27th
- January 8th – May 18th
There will be no official course activities during the week of Thanksgiving or between December 23rd and January 3rd.